Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a Nasdaq listed (ARWR), company that develops medicines to treat intractable diseases by silencing the causative genes. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, Arrowhead therapies trigger the RNA interference (RNAi) mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNAi is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specific gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Arrowhead’s RNAi-based therapeutics leverage this natural pathway of gene silencing. Arrowhead’s dynamic and innovative environment offers our employees the opportunity to advance revolutionary treatments for serious and intractable diseases. Our employees are creative and dedicated professionals who work collaboratively to our meet business and scientific challenges. Arrowhead’s R&D facility is located in the University Research Park in Madison, WI.
Arrowhead is seeking a Patent Attorney or Patent Agent to join its legal team at its Madison location. The team is responsible for developing Arrowhead’s intellectual property strategy relating to its RNAi therapeutics platform and its drug products, as well as assisting with general legal matters. Reporting to the Vice President, Intellectual Property, the Patent Attorney/Agent will be responsible for both growing and maintaining Arrowhead’s patent portfolio. The Patent Attorney/Agent will be joining a team of highly motivated, experienced legal and scientific talent. The Patent Attorney/Agent will be expected to:
- Develop and implement national and international patent prosecution strategies;
- Draft and file new patent applications;
- Prepare responses to office actions on the company’s existing US and international patent filings;
- Coordinate activities with outside patent counsel;
- Confer with the company’s scientists to identify patentable inventions;
- Assist in conducting prior art searches, analyzing patents, and preparing freedom-to-operate opinions;
- Develop a deep understanding of the company’s RNAi platform from both chemical and biological perspectives;
- Exercise knowledge of US patent law;
- Assist with other general legal matters, as appropriate;
- Work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment.
- 1 to 5 years of patent prosecution experience, preferably related to pharmaceuticals and/or biotechnology;
- JD with technical undergraduate degree and/or advanced degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Science, or Life Sciences;
- Strong scientific background and understanding;
- Excellent understanding of patent prosecution strategy and process as it relates to drug discovery and development;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Current USPTO registration.
Arrowhead offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package
All applicants must have authorization to work for Arrowhead in the U.S.
Please send resumes to email@example.com. Include a cover letter that highlights your qualifications and matches our requirements.