Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a Nasdaq listed (ARWR) company that develops medicines to treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, Arrowhead therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specific gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Arrowhead’s RNAi-based therapeutics leverage this natural pathway of gene silencing. Arrowhead’s dynamic and innovative environment offers our employees the opportunity to advance revolutionary treatments for serious and intractable diseases. Our employees are smart, creative, professionals who work collaboratively to meet our business and scientific challenges.
Research and development activities are located in Madison, WI. Arrowhead’s research and development group includes fully-integrated capabilities for chemistry, biology, ADME, and toxicology. Madison is an exciting and sophisticated city that includes state government, the flagship campus of the University of Wisconsin, and major research organizations.
Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals seeks an experienced and highly motivated Associate Scientist to join its drug targeting team at its research and development facility in Madison, Wisconsin. The ideal candidate has experience in cell biology, molecular biology, and biochemistry, and enjoys working with a team of scientists in a fast-paced and highly cross-disciplinary environment. The individual will be responsible for experimental design and execution, and data analysis for multiple programs. Day to day activities will include running biological assays examining in vivo target gene knockdown, and analysis of the resulting data, and communicating those results to team members. Secondary responsibilities include new assay development and validation, and writing up resulting protocols for the newly validated assays.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or a related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on experience in early drug development research; industrial (Biotech or Pharma) or translational research experience is preferred
- Excellent problem solving skills in experimental design, data analysis and interpretation
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a small team of scientists, while working closely with other research groups and senior managers
- Ability to remain productive, organized and flexible in a fluid and fast-paced environment
- Experience with methods and technologies involving mammalian cell culture, in vitro cell-based assays, molecular biology including qPCR, immunoassays, and microscopy
All applicants must have authorization to work for Arrowhead in the U.S.
Please send resumes to email@example.com. Include a cover letter that highlights your qualifications and matches our requirements.