Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a Nasdaq listed (ARWR), Russell 3000 company that develops medicines to treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, Arrowhead therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specific gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Arrowhead’s RNAi-based therapeutics leverage this natural pathway of gene silencing. Arrowhead’s dynamic and innovative environment offers our employees the opportunity to advance revolutionary treatments for serious and intractable diseases. Our employees are smart, creative, professionals who work collaboratively to meet our business and scientific challenges. Arrowhead’s R&D facility is located in the Research Park in Madison, WI.
The Director of DMPK will be a critical member and decision maker of the research and development team reporting directly to the VP of chemistry and manufacturing. This is an exceptional opportunity to lead a key R&D function in a fast growing biotech company.
- Develop and lead overall DMPK/Clinical PK strategies
- Manage and build the DMPK function including both in-house resources and CROs
- Design, supervise and execute preclinical and clinical ADME/PK studies
- Provide discovery project teams with DMPK expertise
- Oversee preclinical and clinical PK data analysis and interpretation
- Develop clinical DMPK plans to satisfy regulatory expectations
- PhD in Pharmacometrics, Drug Metabolism, Pharmaceutical Science, or a related discipline with at least 8 years of industry experience
- Deep expertise in all areas of DMPK
- Direct hands-on experience and strong trouble shooting skills
- Extensive experience with drug development and knowledge of regulatory processes. Experienced with FDA regulatory guidance and communications
- A strong track record of accomplishments
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Macromolecule drug metabolism experience preferred
All applicants must have authorization to work for Arrowhead in the U.S.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a cover letter that highlights your qualifications and matches our requirements.