Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a Nasdaq listed (ARWR) company that develops medicines to treat intractable diseases by silencing the causative genes. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, Arrowhead therapies trigger the RNA interference (RNAi) mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNAi is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specific gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Arrowhead’s RNAi-based therapeutics leverage this natural pathway of gene silencing. Arrowhead’s dynamic and innovative environment offers our employees the opportunity to advance revolutionary treatments for serious and intractable diseases. Our employees are creative and dedicated professionals who work collaboratively to our meet business and scientific challenges. Arrowhead’s R&D facility is in the University Research Park in Madison, WI.
Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals seeks an experienced and highly motivated Scientist to join its cellular assay team at its research and development facility in Madison, Wisconsin. The ideal candidate has experience in cell biology, molecular biology, and biochemistry, enjoys working with a team of scientists in a fast-paced and highly cross-disciplinary environment and has demonstrated expertise in methodologies used cell-based assay development, including flow cytometry and cell enrichment/purification. The individual will be responsible for experimental design and execution, and data analysis for multiple programs. Day to day activities will include developing and performing biological assays examining receptor/ligand interactions, cellular phenotyping and purification, in vivo target gene knockdown, analysis of the resulting data, and communicating results to team members. Secondary responsibilities include new assay development and validation, and writing up resulting protocols for the newly validated assays.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or a related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in early drug development research; industrial (Biotech or Pharma) or translational research experience is preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in cell-based assay development and execution in the areas of flow cytometry, cell enrichment/purification methodologies, immunoassays, protein quantitation, and molecular biology including qPCR
- Excellent problem-solving skills in experimental design, data analysis and interpretation
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a small team of scientists, while working closely with other research groups and senior managers
- Ability to remain productive, organized and flexible in a fluid and fast-paced environment
Competitive salary and excellent benefit package
All applicants must have authorization to work for Arrowhead in the U.S.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a cover letter that highlights your qualifications and matches our requirements.