Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a Nasdaq listed (ARWR) company that develops medicines to treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, Arrowhead therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specific gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Arrowhead’s RNAi-based therapeutics leverage this natural pathway of gene silencing. Arrowhead’s dynamic and innovative environment offers our employees the opportunity to advance revolutionary treatments for serious and intractable diseases. Our employees are smart, creative, professionals who work collaboratively to meet our business and scientific challenges. Arrowhead’s R&D facility is located in the Research Park in Madison, WI.
Arrowhead is seeking a highly motivated scientist/senior scientist to join the oligonucleotide/siRNA bioanalytical group within the Chemistry Department. The successful candidate will be tasked with leading the method development and validation for quantitative analysis of oligonucleotide/siRNA molecules both internally and externally. S/He will be expected to:
- Design and conduct laboratory experiments to develop and validate methods for quantitative analysis of oligonucleotide/siRNA molecules in plasma and tissues.
- Identify and verify contract research organizations (CRO) for GLP method development and validation. Requesting study quotes and negotiating study cost.
- Work closely with CROs in study protocol/report review, method transfer, compound and biological sample shipment and storage.
- Communicate with CRO frequently and act quickly should issues come up.
- Oversee and monitor method development and validation activity in CRO and ensure company timeline is met.
- Critical data review to ensure compliances with agency’s guidelines.
- Interact with in house toxicology group closely and coordinate biological sample analysis at CRO.
- Participate in project team meeting and update progress of bioanalytical activity regularly.
- Author for bioanalytical method section in regulatory filing.
The successful candidate should have a M.S. degree with at least 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry or a Ph.D. degree with at least 3 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry with following qualifications:
- Hands on experience in bioanalytical method development and validation.
- Experience working with CRO and project management.
- In depth understanding of GLP-method development and validation.
- Experience in working with regulatory agencies on bioanalytical related issues.
All applicants must have authorization to work for Arrowhead in the U.S.
Please send resumes to email@example.com. Include a cover letter that highlights your qualifications and matches our requirements.