Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a Nasdaq listed (ARWR) company that develops medicines to treat intractable diseases by silencing the causative genes. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, Arrowhead therapies trigger the RNA interference (RNAi) mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNAi is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specific gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Arrowhead’s RNAi-based therapeutics leverage this natural pathway of gene silencing. Arrowhead’s dynamic and innovative environment offers our employees the opportunity to advance revolutionary treatments for serious and intractable diseases. Our employees are creative and dedicated professionals who work collaboratively to our meet business and scientific challenges. Arrowhead’s R&D facility is located in the Research Park in Madison, WI.
Arrowhead is seeking a senior analytical chemist to join the Chemistry Department. The successful candidate will tasked with developing robust analytical methods to support ongoing research, product and process development activities. S/He will be expected to:
- Work closely with drug substance and product development teams to determine analytical requirements and develop required analytical methods.
- Interact effectively with Arrowhead cross-functional teams to ensure timely delivery of robust methods to support in house development of drug substances and products.
- Communicate on a timely basis and collaborate closely on analytical method development with Arrowhead preferred contract manufacturing organizations.
- Review analytical qualification/validation, in-process and release testing data packages for products manufactured at Arrowhead preferred contract manufacturing organizations.
- Develop methods to support drug discovery team.
- Track progress against project plans, generate regular status updates, and communicate progress and issues to management.
- Be creative and innovation in problem solving.
- Write sections of regulatory documents.
The successful candidate should have a M.S. degree with at least 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry or a PhD degree in analytical chemistry with experience in pharmaceutical industry. Extensive HPLC experience covering a range of separation and detection types is required.
Experience working with both small molecule and large molecule drug candidates. Experience with a wide range of analytical techniques. Understanding of the drug development process and governing regulations. Experience working with regulatory agencies on CMC section.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package
All applicants must have authorization to work for Arrowhead in the U.S.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a cover letter that highlights your qualifications and matches our requirements.