Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a Nasdaq listed (ARWR), Russell 3000 company that develops medicines to treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, Arrowhead therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specific gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Arrowhead’s RNAi-based therapeutics leverage this natural pathway of gene silencing. Arrowhead’s dynamic and innovative environment offers our employees the opportunity to advance revolutionary treatments for serious and intractable diseases. Our employees are smart, creative, professionals who work collaboratively to meet our business and scientific challenges. Arrowhead’s R&D facility is located in the Research Park in Madison, WI.
We seek an experienced and highly motivated Senior Scientist to join its drug targeting team. The individual will be responsible for coordinating and advancing the in vitro, in vivo & ex vivo molecular pharmacology of novel therapies for metabolic/genetic disease, cancer and other indications. Areas of responsibility will include the establishment of in vivo models, mechanism of action studies, and development of bioassays for drug activity. The ideal candidate has experience in drug discovery / lead optimization and a strong understanding of the molecular biology of mammalian gene expression and RNAi, with core competencies in skills required to correlate changes in expression with disease-modifying activity in vivo. The individual will be responsible for experimental design and execution, data analysis and communication.
- D. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or a related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on experience in early drug development research; industrial (Biotech or Pharma) or translational research experience is preferred
- Excellent problem solving skills in experimental design, data analysis and interpretation
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to translate cutting edge research into drug development programs
- Ability to coordinate with a team of scientists, while working closely with other research groups and senior managers
- Ability to remain productive, organized and flexible in a dynamic and fast-paced cross-disciplinary environment
- Experience with methods and technologies for nucleic acid delivery into mammalian cells, in vitro cell-based assays, immunoassays
- Experience in the development of targeted drug delivery vehicles, including those designed for the delivery of nucleic acids such as RNA
- Knowledge / Experience with animal models
All applicants must have authorization to work for Arrowhead in the U.S.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a cover letter that highlights your qualifications and matches our requirements.