Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a Nasdaq listed (ARWR) company that develops medicines to treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, Arrowhead therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specific gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Arrowhead’s RNAi-based therapeutics leverage this natural pathway of gene silencing. Arrowhead’s dynamic and innovative environment offers our employees the opportunity to advance revolutionary treatments for serious and intractable diseases. Our employees are smart, creative, professionals who work collaboratively to meet our business and scientific challenges. Arrowhead’s R&D facility is located in the University Research Park in Madison, WI.
Arrowhead is seeking a highly motivated, industry experienced scientist/senior scientist to join its process development group within the Chemistry Department. S/He will be expected to:
- Design and synthesize novel compounds for biological testing, and/or develop conditions for the preparation and isolation/purification of novel investigational compounds.
- Work closely with our analytical scientists to identify and characterize synthesized compounds.
- Assist in transitioning laboratory experiments to larger scale equipment for further testing of promising lead compounds.
- Effectively document both laboratory and analytical activities.
- Track progress against project plans, generate regular status updates, and communicate progress and issues to management.
- Be creative and innovative in problem solving.
The successful candidate should have a B.S. or M.S. degree with at least 5 years of experience in in the pharmaceutical or related industry, or PhD in synthetic organic chemistry. Working knowledge of common analytical techniques, including the ability to independently conduct the analyses and accurately interpret the obtained data.
Experience working with the design and execution of multistep synthetic routes. Understanding of the drug development process.
Arrowhead offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package
All applicants must have authorization to work for Arrowhead in the U.S.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a cover letter that highlights your qualifications and matches our requirements.