We are seeking an Animal Caretaker to join our Laboratory Animal Resources staff. This is an ideal position for an individual with a background in animal care and husbandry who wants an opportunity to work in a laboratory setting and learn basic animal procedures such as injections and blood draws.
- Daily observations to assess animal’s general health
- Cleaning and sanitizing animal areas
- Monitoring environmental conditions in the vivarium (temperature, humidity, light cycle)
- Operating cage washer, autoclave, dump and animal transfer stations
- Housing new arrivals
- Some computer work (Excel)
- Placing animal orders
- Train on basic procedures such as injections and blood draws
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Experience working with rodents in a laboratory setting a plus
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and extended standing
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college level education a plus
- Some overtime and weekend work required
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Arrowhead provides competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package.
All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S. for a company.