Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals is a clinical stage, Nasdaq listed (ticker ARWR) company developing medicines that treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, our therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specified gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Our RNAi-based therapeutics are at the leading edge with the potential to bring life changing treatments for patients.
Our Targeted RNAi Molecule (TRiMTM) platform utilizes ligand-mediated delivery and is designed to enable tissue-specific targeting while being structurally simple. The TRiM platform builds on more than a decade of work on targeted RNA delivery and offers several advantages including simplified manufacturing and reduced costs; multiple routes of administration; and potential for improved safety.
Our employees are nimble, science-driven, innovative professionals. A career at Arrowhead offers the opportunity to collaborate with top notch scientists to rapidly discover and develop RNAi-based therapeutics in a variety of indications to add to our growing pipeline. Research and development activities are located in Madison, WI. Our R&D group includes fully-integrated capabilities for chemistry, biology, toxicology and manufacturing.
Madison is an exciting and sophisticated city that includes state government, the flagship campus of the University of Wisconsin, and major research organizations.
Arrowhead is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our growing Biology Department. The successful candidate will be joining our oncology team. S/He will be expected to:
- Carry out in vitro studies, including cell culture, immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry, and other cell-based assays
- Analyze data and generate result updates.
- Identify issues in the experiment and solve the problems in a timely fashion.
- Being productive in the lab and maintain a well-documented laboratory notebook
- BS or MS in Cell biology, Molecular biology, Pharmacology or other biological related fields with 2+ years of experience in the lab.
- Proficient with cell culture, immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry, and other cell-based assays. Experiences with fluorescent and confocal microscopy would be a plus.
- Well organized and ability to multi-task and take on new duties as needed
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office, data acquisition software and Prism GraphPad
- A strong track record of accomplishments
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arrowhead provides competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package.
All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S. for a company.