Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals is a clinical stage, Nasdaq listed (ticker ARWR) company developing medicines that treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, our therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specified gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Our RNAi-based therapeutics are at the leading edge with the potential to bring life changing treatments for patients.
Our Targeted RNAi Molecule (TRiMTM) platform utilizes ligand-mediated delivery and is designed to enable tissue-specific targeting while being structurally simple. The TRiM platform builds on more than a decade of work on targeted RNA delivery and offers several advantages including simplified manufacturing and reduced costs; multiple routes of administration; and potential for improved safety.
Our employees are nimble, science-driven, innovative professionals. A career at Arrowhead offers the opportunity to collaborate with top notch scientists to rapidly discover and develop RNAi-based therapeutics in a variety of indications to add to our growing pipeline. Research and development activities are located in Madison, WI. Our R&D group includes fully-integrated capabilities for chemistry, biology, toxicology and manufacturing.
Madison is an exciting and sophisticated city that includes state government, the flagship campus of the University of Wisconsin, and major research organizations.
Arrowhead is seeking a highly motivated biologist to join our growing Biology Department. The successful candidate will be joining a team dedicated to the identification and investigation of novel drug targets. S/He will be expected to:
- Design and execute/conduct in vitro or in vivo studies to facilitate drug discovery and development
- Execute cell based functional screening assays
- Identify, generate, and optimize cell models and assays to achieve project goals
- Read and apply relevant scientific literature to projects to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Participate in new target identification and validation
- Present research findings to project teams and governance bodies and prepare technical reports
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the lab and perform critical experiments
- Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of experience; Master’s Degree with 2+ years of experience in cell biology, molecular biology, immunology, or a related field of biology
- Excellent technical understanding of cell/molecular biology techniques
- Previous experience in drug discovery, either in an academic or industry setting is preferred
- High degree of proficiency in standard biochemical, cellular, and molecular biology techniques is required (Cell-based assays, ELISA, FACS, immunoblotting, immunofluorescence, gene expression analysis, aseptic cell culture, and etc.)
- Demonstrated innovation, creativity and resilience in problem solving
- Experience in oncology, CNS disease, or pulmonary disease, or virology (HBV), hepatic disease preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team player with the ability to thrive in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary, matrixed environment
- Enthusiasm and passion for executing innovative scientific research
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Arrowhead provides competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package.
All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S. for a company.