Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals is a clinical stage, Nasdaq listed (ticker ARWR) company developing medicines that treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, our therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specified gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Our RNAi-based therapeutics are at the leading edge with the potential to bring life changing treatments for patients.
Our Targeted RNAi Molecule (TRiMTM) platform utilizes ligand-mediated delivery and is designed to enable tissue-specific targeting while being structurally simple. The TRiM platform builds on more than a decade of work on targeted RNA delivery and offers several advantages including simplified manufacturing and reduced costs; multiple routes of administration; and potential for improved safety.
Our employees are nimble, science-driven, innovative professionals. A career at Arrowhead offers the opportunity to collaborate with top notch scientists to rapidly discover and develop RNAi-based therapeutics in a variety of indications to add to our growing pipeline. Research and development activities are located in Madison, WI. Our R&D group includes fully-integrated capabilities for chemistry, biology, toxicology and manufacturing.
Madison is an exciting and sophisticated city that includes state government, the flagship campus of the University of Wisconsin, and major research organizations.
Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals is seeking a highly motivated individual to become a part of its scientific team. We have an immediate opening for an Associate Scientist to work as a Chemist in the Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls Group focusing on oligonucleotide synthesis development. This is an ideal position for an individual with an organic or biological chemistry background who has an interest in projects related to novel technology in synthesis and purification of oligonucleotides and bioconjugates. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Perform solid-phase synthesis and purification of oligonucleotide drug candidates
- Analyze small-molecule and macromolecular targets using standard methods, such as HPLC, UV-Vis spectrophotometry, mass spectrometry, NMR, etc.
- Maintain a well-documented laboratory notebook
- Track progress against project timelines, generate regular status updates, and communicate progress and issues to management, including presentation of findings at team meetings
- Maintain and stock laboratory supplies as required
- Coordinate delivery of materials both internally and externally
- BS or MS in chemistry or biochemistry with an excellent understanding of organic and analytical chemistry
- Entry level to 3 years with experience in a laboratory setting
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with small-molecule and macromolecule analytical techniques
- Eagerness to learn new techniques
- Experience working with both small molecule and large molecule synthetic targets (especially oligonucleotides) either in an academic or industrial setting
- Experience with solid phase synthesis of oligonucleotides or peptides
- HPLC and LC-MS experience
- Experience in synthetic organic or nucleotide chemistry
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arrowhead provides competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package.
All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S. for a company.