Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals is seeking a highly motivated individual to become a part of its scientific team. We have an immediate opening for an Associate Scientist to work as a Chemist or Chemical Engineer in the Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls Group. This is an ideal position for an individual with an engineering or science background who has an interest in developing their technical writing and process development skills. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Perform solid-phase synthesis and purification of oligonucleotide drug candidates on hundreds of grams scale.
- Help develop and write batch records in a GLP/GMP environment
- Help develop protocols for and perform equipment validation
- Identify and solve potential scale-up issues
- Analyze small-molecule and macromolecular targets using standard methods, such as HPLC, UV-Vis spectrophotometry, mass spectrometry, NMR, etc.
- Maintain a well-documented laboratory notebook
- Track progress against project timelines, generate regular status updates, and communicate progress and issues to management, including presentation of findings at team meetings
- Maintain and stock laboratory supplies as required
- Coordinate delivery of materials both internally and externally
- BS in biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry, biochemistry, or equivalent.
- Entry level to 3 years with experience in a laboratory setting
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent technical writing skills with high attention to detail
- Eagerness to learn new techniques
- Experience working with both small molecule and large molecule synthetic targets (especially oligonucleotides) either in an academic or industrial setting
- Experience with solid phase synthesis of oligonucleotides or peptides
- HPLC and LC-MS experience
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arrowhead provides competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package.
All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S. for a company.