Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals is a clinical stage, Nasdaq listed (ticker ARWR) company developing medicines that treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, our therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specified gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Our RNAi-based therapeutics are at the leading edge with the potential to bring life changing treatments for patients.
Our Targeted RNAi Molecule (TRiMTM) platform utilizes ligand-mediated delivery and is designed to enable tissue-specific targeting while being structurally simple. The TRiM platform builds on more than a decade of work on targeted RNA delivery and offers several advantages including simplified manufacturing and reduced costs; multiple routes of administration; and potential for improved safety.
Our employees are nimble, science-driven, innovative professionals. A career at Arrowhead offers the opportunity to collaborate with top notch scientists to rapidly discover and develop RNAi-based therapeutics in a variety of indications to add to our growing pipeline. Research and development activities are located in Madison, WI. Our R&D group includes fully-integrated capabilities for chemistry, biology, toxicology and manufacturing.
Madison is an exciting and sophisticated city that includes state government, the flagship campus of the University of Wisconsin, and major research organizations.
Arrowhead is seeking a highly motivated, industry experienced scientist/senior scientist to join its process development group within the Chemistry Department. S/He will be expected to:
Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals is seeking an Associate Scientist to join the Chemistry Department. The successful candidate will primarily focus on oligonucleotide synthesis, purification, analytical chemistry, and aerosol characterization. S/He will be joining a team of highly motivated and experienced scientists and will contribute to the success of Arrowhead programs. S/He will be expected to:
- Perform synthesis, purification, and analysis of oligonucleotides.
- Generate and characterize aerosols in support of in vivo studies.
- Track progress against project timelines, generate regular status updates, and communicate progress and issues to management.
- Multi-task across several projects and manage time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Maintain a well-documented laboratory notebook.
- Adhere to safe laboratory practices.
The successful candidate should have a B.S. chemistry or biochemistry degree with excellent understanding of organic and analytical chemistry.
- Experience working in a chemistry laboratory is required.
- Experience with a wide range of analytical techniques, especially HPLC is required.
- Experience working with large molecule synthetic targets (especially oligonucleotides) either in an academic or industry setting is preferred.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Arrowhead provides competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package.
All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S. for a company.