Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals is a clinical stage, Nasdaq listed (ticker ARWR) company developing medicines that treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, our therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specified gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Our RNAi-based therapeutics are at the leading edge with the potential to bring life changing treatments for patients.
Our Targeted RNAi Molecule (TRiMTM) platform utilizes ligand-mediated delivery and is designed to enable tissue-specific targeting while being structurally simple. The TRiM platform builds on more than a decade of work on targeted RNA delivery and offers several advantages including simplified manufacturing and reduced costs; multiple routes of administration; and potential for improved safety.
Our employees are nimble, science-driven, innovative professionals. A career at Arrowhead offers the opportunity to collaborate with top notch scientists to rapidly discover and develop RNAi-based therapeutics in a variety of indications to add to our growing pipeline. Research and development activities are located in Madison, WI. Our R&D group includes fully-integrated capabilities for chemistry, biology, toxicology and manufacturing.
Madison is an exciting and sophisticated city that includes state government, the flagship campus of the University of Wisconsin, and major research organizations.
Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals is seeking a highly motivated individual to become a part of its scientific team. We have an immediate opening for an Associate Production Chemist in the Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls Group. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Follow batch records, SOPs, and work instructions to detail
- Document all operations in batch records and notebooks
- Comply with GMP protocols
- Operate TFF to desalt purified RNA solutions
- Operate a lyophilizer and package solid drug substance
- Assist other chemists within the CMC group during synthesis and purification of oligonucleotides including:
- Reagent solution preparation
- Mobile phase preparation
- Column Packing
- Fraction collection
- Maintain a clean work space
- Maintain safety by wearing required personal protective equipment
- HS diploma or GED
- Entry level to 5 years experience in a similar position
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Experience working in a GMP setting and controlled documentation
- Bachelors degree in a scientific field
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arrowhead provides competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package.
All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S. for a company.