Arrowhead is seeking a highly motivated biologist to join our growing Biology Department. The successful candidate will be joining a team dedicated to discovering, developing and translating novel drug targets.
- Design and conduct/execute in vitro, ex vivo and/or in vivo studies to facilitate drug discovery and development in various pulmonary diseases
- Develop, optimize and perform cell-based functional assays
- Perform gene expression and functional analysis by various methods
- Participate in new target identification and validation
- Identify, generate, and optimize cell models and assays to achieve project goals
- Read and apply relevant scientific literature to projects to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Present research findings to project teams and governance bodies and prepare technical reports
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the lab and perform critical experiments
- BS or MS with 2+ years of experience in cell biology, molecular biology, immunology, pharmacology or a related field of biology
- Experience in standard cellular and molecular biology techniques (Cell culture, ELISA, Cell-based assays, Immunofluorescence, Western blotting, Microscopy, RNA/DNA isolation, qPCR)
- Demonstrated innovation, creativity and resilience in problem solving
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to thrive in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary, matrixed environment
- Experience in pulmonary, cardiovascular, CNS or metabolic disease
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Arrowhead provides competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package.
All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S. for a company.