Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals is a clinical stage, Nasdaq listed (ticker ARWR) company developing medicines that treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, our therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specified gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Our RNAi-based therapeutics are at the leading edge with the potential to bring life changing treatments for patients.
Our Targeted RNAi Molecule (TRiMTM) platform utilizes ligand-mediated delivery and is designed to enable tissue-specific targeting while being structurally simple. The TRiM platform builds on more than a decade of work on targeted RNA delivery and offers several advantages including simplified manufacturing and reduced costs; multiple routes of administration; and potential for improved safety.
Our employees are nimble, science-driven, innovative professionals. A career at Arrowhead offers the opportunity to collaborate with top notch scientists to rapidly discover and develop RNAi-based therapeutics in a variety of indications to add to our growing pipeline. Research and development activities are located in Madison, WI. Our R&D group includes fully-integrated capabilities for chemistry, biology, toxicology and manufacturing.
Madison is an exciting and sophisticated city that includes state government, the flagship campus of the University of Wisconsin, and major research organizations.
We seek a scientist and team leader in our Madison, WI, location to provide expertise and leadership in the development of new pharmaceutical products with external contract manufacturing organization (CMO) partners. The successful applicant will work with internal research chemists and research associates to learn and translate synthetic methods from our research labs for process development and manufacturing scale up of Drug Substance (API) and Drug Product at external CMOs to support Arrowhead drug development programs. S/he will provide technical leadership and troubleshooting during development, manufacture, release, and stability testing of oligonucleotide-containing development candidates.
S/he will prepare and deliver technical reports and documents in preparation for regulatory submissions and work with Quality Assurance and other functional areas to ensure appropriate application of key guidance, procedures and policies throughout development and commercialization.
- A PhD in Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering with demonstrated in-depth scientific knowledge and experience (7+ years for group leader, 10+ years for director) in pharmaceutical development
- Experience in small molecule API process development towards late phase API manufacture
- Experience in working with external CMOs
- Demonstrated technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others, and independent thought designing experiments and research strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to multi-task
- Experienced with cGMP practices and ICH/FDA guidance documents
- Highly motivated team player willing to contribute to a growing biotech organization
- Hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge in the development of oligonucleotide (e.g., siRNA, antisense) based drugs
- Familiar with analytical method development to support early drug development
- Familiar with stability testing and experience in completing the CMC aspects of regulatory submissions
- Familiar with bioconjugation
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arrowhead provides competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package.
All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S. for a company.