Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals is a clinical stage, Nasdaq listed (ticker ARWR) company developing medicines that treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, our therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specified gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Our RNAi-based therapeutics are at the leading edge with the potential to bring life changing treatments for patients.
Our Targeted RNAi Molecule (TRiMTM) platform utilizes ligand-mediated delivery and is designed to enable tissue-specific targeting while being structurally simple. The TRiM platform builds on more than a decade of work on targeted RNA delivery and offers several advantages including simplified manufacturing and reduced costs; multiple routes of administration; and potential for improved safety.
Our employees are nimble, science-driven, innovative professionals. A career at Arrowhead offers the opportunity to collaborate with top notch scientists to rapidly discover and develop RNAi-based therapeutics in a variety of indications to add to our growing pipeline. Research and development activities are located in Madison, WI. Our R&D group includes fully-integrated capabilities for chemistry, biology, toxicology and manufacturing.
Madison is an exciting and sophisticated city that includes state government, the flagship campus of the University of Wisconsin, and major research organizations.
Arrowhead seeks an experienced and highly motivated candidate to join and lead its finance, accounting and procurement functions in its Madison research facility. This candidate will play a key role in procurement management, ensuring that our operational teams receive high quality, professional and responsive services. This candidate will also implement financial and procurement management policies, procedures and systems and ensure compliance with corporate and project standards as well as maintain oversight of day-to-day financial and procurement activities. The ideal candidate has a mix of recent financial oversight experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry and Big 4 public accounting experience.
- Overall financial management of Madison site including leading our budgeting/financial planning efforts for the site, conducting periodic budget vs. actual and other financial reviews with Madison site management.
- Review of Madison site monthly closing reconciliations prepared by the corporate accounting team in Pasadena.
- Supervision of the current procurement and payables team members in the Madison site.
- Identify and drive financial and operational process improvements relating to project, cost, inventory and fixed asset accounting.
- Ensuring adherence to public company reporting and SOX requirements
- Other finance-related projects as assigned.
- 8 plus years’ of accounting/finance experience.
- 2-3 plus years’ experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- 2-3 plus years’ experience in a managerial role with direct reports to supervise.
- Strong familiarity with procurement and accounts payable processes.
- Experience in accounting or procurement systems implementations is preferred.
- Experience with state and local sales and use tax issues and tax exemption certificates is a plus.
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills, financial modeling experience and experience with accounting systems (Microsoft Dynamics Navision and Jet Reports preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication, leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills required
- Familiarity with Public Company reporting and SOX requirements
- BS in accounting or finance; CPA preferred
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arrowhead provides competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package.
All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S. for a company.