Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals is a clinical stage, Nasdaq listed (ticker ARWR) company developing medicines that treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, our therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specified gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Our RNAi-based therapeutics are at the leading edge with the potential to bring life changing treatments for patients.
Our Targeted RNAi Molecule (TRiMTM) platform utilizes ligand-mediated delivery and is designed to enable tissue-specific targeting while being structurally simple. The TRiM platform builds on more than a decade of work on targeted RNA delivery and offers several advantages including simplified manufacturing and reduced costs; multiple routes of administration; and potential for improved safety.
Our employees are nimble, science-driven, innovative professionals. A career at Arrowhead offers the opportunity to collaborate with top notch scientists to rapidly discover and develop RNAi-based therapeutics in a variety of indications to add to our growing pipeline.
Arrowhead is a rapidly growing clinical stage biotechnology firm focused on siRNA therapeutics. We are searching for a Medical Director with fellowship training in pulmonary, neurology, cardiology or hepatology. This individual will be expected to provide medical leadership and content expertise in collaboration with Clinical Operations, Regulatory, Product Development, Commercial, and other cross-functional team members, to ensure successful execution of clinical activities, data analysis, and interpretation. This position offers growth opportunities to the right candidate possessing a combination of expertise and drive. The Arrowhead environment is highly supportive for providing mentoring and training for those new to the industry.
We are searching for a physician that brings energy, along with the scientific training to help propel our various programs forward. The chosen candidate will be assigned programs consistent with their academic training and in other therapeutic areas. As such, a willingness and desire to experience diverse medical challenges will be necessary to add value to our multiple focus areas. If you are looking to transition into industry or have a few years of industry experience and are open to considering a unique opportunity, Arrowhead is a place to consider. Below, you will find some of the brief bulleted items on what we anticipate to be an excellent overview and match for our current search:
- MD required with post-graduate training in internal medicine
- Recently completed fellowship training in neurology, CV, pulmonary or hepatology. Other specialty training out of internal medicine may be considered.
- Preference for those completing medical training at top U.S. or European institution.
- Applicants with research experience (clinical or bench) during their fellowship training preferred
- Experience with design and management of clinical studies preferred, but not required
- Broad medical interests and aptitude is essential
- Superior leadership, networking, collaboration and communication skills
- Thorough respect for regulations and legal guidelines
- Estimated travel (including international travel) 20-30%
- Activities will include:
- Cultivation of KOL and investigator relations
- Design and implementation of clinical studies (working with clinical development team)
- In house safety monitoring (working with pharmacovigilance team)
- Collaboration with discovery team on identification of new siRNA gene targets
- Preparation of abstracts, manuscripts and regulatory documents requiring medical input
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Arrowhead provides competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package.
All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S. for a company.