Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ARWR) is a clinical stage company developing medicines that treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, our therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specified gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Our RNAi-based therapeutics are at the leading edge with the potential to bring life changing treatments for patients.
Our Targeted RNAi Molecule (TRiMTM) platform utilizes ligand-mediated delivery and is designed to enable tissue-specific targeting while being structurally simple. The TRiM platform builds on more than a decade of work on targeted RNA delivery and offers several advantages including simplified manufacturing and reduced costs; multiple routes of administration; and potential for improved safety.
Our employees are nimble, science-driven, innovative professionals. A career at Arrowhead offers the opportunity to collaborate with top notch scientists to rapidly discover and develop RNAi-based therapeutics in a variety of indications to add to our growing pipeline.
Arrowhead’s corporate headquarters along with its clinical and regulatory operations are located in Pasadena, CA just north of Los Angeles. Pasadena rests in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and boasts incredible natural scenic beauty. Pasadena is also known for its vibrant cultural and academic offerings as well as its rich architectural heritage.
Arrowhead seeks an Alliance Manager to interface with current and future pharmaceutical partners. The Alliance Manager will be the primary day-to-day point of contact with existing and new strategic partners, as well as intra-company functions related to the relationships with partners. This will include timeline and technical progress communications as well as work progress in compliance with governing collaboration documents. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated team player ready to contribute to a growing biotech organization.
The position reports to the Vice President, Program Management and will work closely with other senior managers at Arrowhead.
- Work successfully with internal functional experts (discovery, clinical, regulatory, CMC and toxicology) and senior management (CEO, COO, legal, finance) to manage the relationship with current and future partners.
- Learn and maintain knowledge of the company’s drug development programs.
- Support new partnering initiatives.
- Nurture and maintain existing partner relationships through thoughtful outreach and disciplined follow up.
- Organize and prepare alliance partnership meetings and take meeting minutes.
- Maintain excellent company to company and individual to individual relationships with strategic partners. Build company knowledge of partner processes to enable continuing high-quality deliverables
- Assist in the identification and timely resolution of program issues – including those related to timing, resources and funding, to prevent delays in program milestones. When required, step in to fill open gaps to keep programs moving forward effectively
- Track progress against work plans, generate regular status updates, and communicate progress and issues to management Maintain records of internal and external communication pertaining to each partnership.
- Recommend and implement alliance management tools.
- An advanced life sciences degree, PMP certification is a plus.
- Two to five years of relevant experience in a biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or industry consulting organization. Minimum of 2 years of experience in alliance management or managing partnership/collaboration projects.
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical industry processes and specialized language, including GMP, GLP, and/or GCP regulations, and ICH/FDA guidance documents.
- Ability to work at a high intellectual level with diverse scientific and business professionals.
- Excellent judgement and business acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including influencing and negotiating, facilitation, and listening; ability to foster open communication, mutual understanding and cooperation within the company and with external partners.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, including presentation, written and verbal skills; Strong MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed domestically and internationally.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arrowhead provides competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package.
All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S. for a company.