Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals is a clinical stage, Nasdaq listed (ticker ARWR) company developing medicines that treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, our therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specified gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Our RNAi-based therapeutics are at the leading edge with the potential to bring life changing treatments for patients.
Our Targeted RNAi Molecule (TRiMTM) platform utilizes ligand-mediated delivery and is designed to enable tissue-specific targeting while being structurally simple. The TRiM platform builds on more than a decade of work on targeted RNA delivery and offers several advantages including simplified manufacturing and reduced costs; multiple routes of administration; and potential for improved safety.
Our employees are nimble, science-driven, innovative professionals. A career at Arrowhead offers the opportunity to collaborate with top notch scientists to rapidly discover and develop RNAi-based therapeutics in a variety of indications to add to our growing pipeline. Research and development activities are located in Madison, WI. Our R&D group includes full-integrated capabilities for chemistry, biology, toxicology and manufacturing.
Madison is an exciting and sophisticated city that includes state government, the flagship campus of the University of Wisconsin, and major research organizations.
We seek an experienced, curious, and highly motivated biologist to advance Arrowhead’s understanding of how our RNAi therapeutics interact with intra-cellular biological systems to mediate profound and long-lasting pharmacologic activity. The successful applicant will be responsible for coordinating and advancing in vitro and in vivo work to elucidate how RNAi drugs are taken up, processed and engage with cellular gene silencing machinery. This breakthrough-focused work will directly inform and support the development of innovative next-generation RNAi delivery platforms.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in the cellular biology of intracellular membrane vesicle trafficking with a strong understanding of mammalian gene expression. Working with an extended team of highly talented chemists and biologists, the individual will be responsible for leading experimental design and execution, data analysis and communication. Scope of responsibility and compensation will be commensurate with experience level.
This is a truly unique and exciting opportunity to help define and shape the future of a powerful emerging pharmacology!
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Pharmacology, Cell Biology or a related discipline
- Excellent problem-solving skills in experimental design, data analysis and interpretation
- Proven record of successfully tackling challenging questions in cell or molecular biology
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to coordinate with a team of scientists, while working closely with other research groups and senior managers
- Ability to remain productive, organized and flexible in a dynamic and fast-paced cross-disciplinary environment
- Experience with membrane vesicle trafficking and dynamics; biology of endosomes, multi-vesicular bodies and exosomes
- Expertise in cell biology techniques: confocal microscopy, flow cytometry, etc.
- Experience in RNAi biology and techniques
- Experience in ligand / receptor pharmacology and pharmacokinetics
- Knowledge / Experience with animal models and ex vivo analysis
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Arrowhead provides competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package.
All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S. for a company.