Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a Nasdaq listed (ARWR) company that develops medicines to treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, Arrowhead therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specific gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Arrowhead’s RNAi-based therapeutics leverage this natural pathway of gene silencing. Arrowhead’s dynamic and innovative environment offers our employees the opportunity to advance revolutionary treatments for serious and intractable diseases. Our employees are smart, creative, professionals who work collaboratively to meet our business and scientific challenges. Arrowhead’s R&D facility is located in the University Research Park in Madison, WI.
Arrowhead is seeking a process development chemist to join our Chemistry Department. The successful candidate will be tasked with developing and scaling methods for the manufacturing of oligonucleotides to support toxicological testing of investigational drug substances. S/He will be expected to:
- Conduct laboratory scale experiments to develop conditions for the manufacturing of oligonucleotides on the hundreds of grams scale.
- Work closely with our analytical scientists to monitor and understand the impact of process changes on the yield and impurity profile of developmental oligonucleotides.
- Prepare gram scale quantities of developmental candidates to support internal research.
- Transition laboratory experiments to larger scale equipment for the hands on manufacturing of oligonucleotides on the hundreds of grams scale following GLP protocols.
- Effectively document both laboratory and scale up activities.
- Track progress against project plans, generate regular status updates, and communicate progress and issues to management.
- Be creative and innovative in problem solving.
- Collaborate with small molecule development teams in support of our oligonucleotide pipeline.
The successful candidate should have a B.S. or Master’s degree with least 1 to 5 years of experience in process/chemical development in the pharmaceutical industry. Working knowledge of common analytical techniques, including the ability to independently conduct the analyses and accurately interpret the obtained data. Experience manufacturing materials under GLP protocols.
Experience working with solid phase synthesis, particularly oligonucleotides and with large molecule drug candidates. Understanding of the drug development process and governing regulations. Experience with summarizing developmental activities for inclusion in the CMC sections of regulatory documents.
All applicants must have authorization to work for Arrowhead in the U.S.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a cover letter that highlights your qualifications and matches our requirements.