Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals is a clinical stage, Nasdaq listed (ticker ARWR) company developing medicines that treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, our therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specified gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Our RNAi-based therapeutics are at the leading edge with the potential to bring life changing treatments for patients.
Our Targeted RNAi Molecule (TRiMTM) platform utilizes ligand-mediated delivery and is designed to enable tissue-specific targeting while being structurally simple. The TRiM platform builds on more than a decade of work on targeted RNA delivery and offers several advantages including simplified manufacturing and reduced costs; multiple routes of administration; and potential for improved safety.
Our employees are nimble, science-driven, innovative professionals. A career at Arrowhead offers the opportunity to collaborate with top notch scientists to rapidly discover and develop RNAi-based therapeutics in a variety of indications to add to our growing pipeline.
Arrowhead seeks a Purchasing Manager to manage all procurement activities as well as other finance related tasks in its Madison, WI R&D facility. The Purchasing Manager will ensure that materials and supplies are delivered with the proper quality, pricing, compliance, and speed necessary to ensure the Company’s success. The ideal candidate will have experience working with multiple vendors in the pharmaceutical industry, experience in procurement systems implementations and a demonstrated track record of independently leading procurement-related process improvements.
- Assist and drive a procurement system implementation to automate the Company’s procurement activities
- Oversee all procurement activities for materials, office/business supplies, scientific equipment and services
- Develop or recommend solutions for procurement situations and/or other finance issues needing resolution
- Review and approve purchases as authorized. Monitor and process PO’s, obtain quotes, examine bids and make selection
- Develop policies and procedures for the operation of procurement activities and recommend any modifications to improve as needed
- Maintain purchasing systems and controls ensuring compliance with corporate policies, internal controls, and statute requirements
- Support finance and facilities functions including but not limited to receiving and shipping transactional activities, invoice resolution, return processing, goods receiving, monthly procurement close process, quarterly open PO maintenance, vendor master file maintenance, etc…
- Evaluate vendor reliability, develop new sources, as required, in which current vendors and suppliers are inadequate
- Participate in departmental meetings and projects
- Maintain efficiency while staying customer-focused
- Coordinate functional efforts with other all internal and external customers, including employee/requester training
- May manage procurement staff and/or other finance department personnel as Arrowhead grows
- Train and mentor staff on new procurement systems
- Train and mentor staff with regard to pharmaceutical financial concepts so as to better forecast material and merchandise spend and to analyze actuals versus budgets
- Develop and populate financial reports and present to senior leadership
- Develop KPIs for purchasing team/department, monitor progress toward goals, recommend corrective action if needed
- 8+ years of experience in sourcing, procurement, contract or supplier management in biotech or pharmaceutical field
- Minimum of BS degree from accredited college in the fields of finance, accounting, or business
- Proven experience with ERP and procurement systems
- Solid knowledge of procurement principles, methodologies and understanding of its interdependencies with finance, accounting, research and development, manufacturing
- Ability to build effective partnering, internally and externally
- Strong communication skills (oral & written); ability to effectively interact with others at all levels internally and externally; ability to tailor communication to the audience to achieve desired results
- Demonstrated history of identifying problems, researching and recommending resolutions
- Flexibility to put in extra hours during critical times such as month, quarter and year-end close cycles
- Strong time management with the ability to work independently and in a group setting
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Arrowhead provides competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package.
All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S. for a company.