Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals is a clinical stage, Nasdaq listed (ticker ARWR) company developing medicines that treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, our therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specified gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Our RNAi-based therapeutics are at the leading edge with the potential to bring life changing treatments for patients.
Our Targeted RNAi Molecule (TRiMTM) platform utilizes ligand-mediated delivery and is designed to enable tissue-specific targeting while being structurally simple. The TRiM platform builds on more than a decade of work on targeted RNA delivery and offers several advantages including simplified manufacturing and reduced costs; multiple routes of administration; and potential for improved safety.
Our employees are nimble, science-driven, innovative professionals. A career at Arrowhead offers the opportunity to collaborate with top notch scientists to rapidly discover and develop RNAi-based therapeutics in a variety of indications to add to our growing pipeline. Research and development activities are located in Madison, WI. Our R&D group includes fully-integrated capabilities for chemistry, biology, toxicology and manufacturing.
Madison is an exciting and sophisticated city that includes state government, the flagship campus of the University of Wisconsin, and major research organizations.
The Materials Management Specialist will participate in the material control operations and activities in support of the GMP manufacturing and quality departments at Arrowhead Pharma’s site in Madison, WI. The incumbent will coordinate activities across multiple departments to ensure proper control over incoming materials, including storage conditions, labeling, testing, and QA disposition.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with preparation and implementation of Arrowhead procedures pertaining to material control supporting GMP drug substance manufacturing.
- Prepare internal specifications for purchased materials that will be used in GMP manufacturing.
- Assist with qualification of vendors for incoming materials, maintain a qualified vendor list, and support purchasing of items, where required, from these vendors.
- Inspect incoming materials intended for GMP manufacturing, ensure placement in appropriate storage conditions, and follow procedures regarding quarantine labeling of packaging/containers.
- Per Arrowhead specifications, obtain samples of incoming raw materials that will be used in GMP manufacturing and complete appropriate documentation.
- Perform analytical identity testing for materials per written procedures, and coordinate with the Analytical Lab as needed for additional testing.
- Work with the CMC Manufacturing department on material inventory control and ordering of incoming materials. Where required, assist with maintaining an electronic inventory tracking system.
- Ensure materials are properly dispositioned and labeled according to Arrowhead Quality procedures.
- Assist with inventory control and storage of GMP intermediates and final drug substance batches generated by Arrowhead.
- Act as a back-up for receipt of materials at the dock, and distribution of incoming items to appropriate departments or into proper storage locations. Assist with maintaining clean and organized material storage areas and temperature controlled units.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or other applicable science field with at least 2 years of experience working in a laboratory or manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience handling chemicals and/or conducting laboratory analysis.
- Ability to follow company procedures, work instructions, and policies.
- Work in a safe manner; properly handle materials and chemicals.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work tasks with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
Physical or Other Requirements:
- Frequent moving, pushing, and transferring of heavy materials and drums (up to 200L).
- The position will require standing for significant portions of job duties, as well as walking, sitting, reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
- Position requires use of company supplied safety equipment, which may include, but not be limited to, safety glasses, lab coat, safety shoes, and protective gloves
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Previous experience using a forklift or other material handling equipment.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arrowhead provides competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package.
All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S. for a company.