Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ARWR) is a clinical stage company developing medicines that treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, our therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specified gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Our RNAi-based therapeutics are at the leading edge with the potential to bring life changing treatments for patients.
Our Targeted RNAi Molecule (TRiMTM) platform utilizes ligand-mediated delivery and is designed to enable tissue-specific targeting while being structurally simple. The TRiM platform builds on more than a decade of work on targeted RNA delivery and offers several advantages including simplified manufacturing and reduced costs; multiple routes of administration; and potential for improved safety.
Our employees are nimble, science-driven, innovative professionals. A career at Arrowhead offers the opportunity to collaborate with top notch scientists to rapidly discover and develop RNAi-based therapeutics in a variety of indications to add to our growing pipeline.
Arrowhead’s corporate headquarters along with its clinical and regulatory operations are located in Pasadena, CA just north of Los Angeles. Pasadena rests in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and boasts incredible natural scenic beauty. Pasadena is also known for its vibrant cultural and academic offerings as well as its rich architectural heritage.
As a scientific recruiter with Arrowhead, you will play a key role in helping Arrowhead add to its high performing research and development team. Your primary responsibilities will be to source, screen, interview, and recommend candidates for opportunities within Arrowhead. The scientific recruiter is full time employee based in our Pasadena, CA headquarters. The position reports to the Vice President, Administration and will work closely with hiring managers across all departments at Arrowhead in both Pasadena, CA and Madison, WI.
The primary responsibilities are to source, screen, interview, and recommend candidates for positions at Arrowhead. The scientific recruiter will:
- Work with hiring managers to determine necessary skills sets and experiences a candidate must possess in order to be successful
- Draft position descriptions
- Identify relevant job posting sites and advertise positions
- Source passive candidates with a variety of skill sets
- Identify and attend job/career fairs and connect with career services at colleges and universities to promote the company
- Review resumes submitted for open positions
- Pre-screen candidates by phone and in person.
- Recommend qualified candidates and arrange subsequent interviews
- Perform other recruiting related work as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, or related science
- 2-4 years’ experience recruiting experience,
- Recruiting experience for pharmaceutical, biotech or other R&D organization a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Enjoys working on a computer and in an office setting
- Self starter who is motivated to complete and prioritize tasks
- Ability to manage multiple positions
- Lab experience a plus
- Frequent travel to Arrowhead’s Madison, WI facility
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arrowhead provides competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package.
All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S. for a company.