Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals is a clinical stage, Nasdaq listed (ticker ARWR) company developing medicines that treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, our therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specified gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Our RNAi-based therapeutics are at the leading edge with the potential to bring life changing treatments for patients.
Our Targeted RNAi Molecule (TRiMTM) platform utilizes ligand-mediated delivery and is designed to enable tissue-specific targeting while being structurally simple. The TRiM platform builds on more than a decade of work on targeted RNA delivery and offers several advantages including simplified manufacturing and reduced costs; multiple routes of administration; and potential for improved safety.
Our employees are nimble, science-driven, innovative professionals. A career at Arrowhead offers the opportunity to collaborate with top notch scientists to rapidly discover and develop RNAi-based therapeutics in a variety of indications to add to our growing pipeline. Research and development activities are located in Madison, WI. Our R&D group includes fully-integrated capabilities for chemistry, biology, toxicology and manufacturing.
Madison is an exciting and sophisticated city that includes state government, the flagship campus of the University of Wisconsin, and major research organizations.
Arrowhead is seeking a process development chemist to join our Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls group. The successful candidate will be tasked with developing and scaling methods for the manufacturing of oligonucleotides to support toxicological testing of investigational drug substances. S/He will be expected to:
- Conduct laboratory scale experiments to develop conditions for the manufacturing of oligonucleotides on the hundreds of grams scale.
- Work closely with our analytical scientists to monitor and understand the impact of process changes on the yield and impurity profile of developmental oligonucleotides.
- Prepare gram scale quantities of developmental candidates to support internal research.
- Transition laboratory experiments to larger scale equipment for the hands on manufacturing of oligonucleotides on the hundreds of grams scale following GLP protocols.
- Effectively document both laboratory and scale up activities.
- Track progress against project plans, generate regular status updates, and communicate progress and issues to management.
Be creative and innovation in problem solving.
The successful candidate should have a Ph.D. with 0 to 3 years of experience or a B.S./M.S. degree with at least 5 years of experience in process/chemical development in the pharmaceutical industry. Working knowledge of common analytical techniques, including the ability to independently conduct the analyses and accurately interpret the obtained data. Experience manufacturing materials under GLP protocols.
Experience working with solid phase synthesis, particularly oligonucleotides and with large molecule drug candidates. Understanding of the drug development process and governing regulations. Experience with summarizing developmental activities for inclusion in the CMC sections of regulatory documents.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arrowhead provides competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package.
All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S. for a company.