Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals is a clinical stage, Nasdaq listed (ticker ARWR) company developing medicines that treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, our therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specified gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Our RNAi-based therapeutics are at the leading edge with the potential to bring life changing treatments for patients.
Our Targeted RNAi Molecule (TRiMTM) platform utilizes ligand-mediated delivery and is designed to enable tissue-specific targeting while being structurally simple. The TRiM platform builds on more than a decade of work on targeted RNA delivery and offers several advantages including simplified manufacturing and reduced costs; multiple routes of administration; and potential for improved safety.
Our employees are nimble, science-driven, innovative professionals. A career at Arrowhead offers the opportunity to collaborate with top notch scientists to rapidly discover and develop RNAi-based therapeutics in a variety of indications to add to our growing pipeline.
Arrowhead is seeking an experienced Regulatory/Medical Writer to join its Regulatory Affairs team. The Regulatory/Medical Writer will work collaboratively with Arrowhead’s regulatory, clinical and scientific teams to produce high quality documents to support the company’s drug development programs. S/he will focus on the preparation of regulatory and clinical documentation for submission to global regulatory agencies and assist with the preparation of publications, abstracts, and other external and internal communications. (S)he is responsible for developing and implementing processes and standards to ensure company documentation is prepared to the highest editorial standards and quality.
- Prepare, edit, and finalize protocols, investigator brochures, synopses, clinical study reports, regulatory documents (INDs/NDAs, annual reports, Orphan Drug Designation applications, Agency Response to Questions, briefing books, etc.);
- Collaborate with the clinical and scientific staff for narrative and data presentation planning, gather material for relevant documents and ensure that documents accurately reflect sources;
- Manage the document review process and schedule and conduct meetings to ensure documentation timelines are achieved;
- Prepare abstracts, posters, presentations, and manuscripts; assist in the development and maintenance of quality and product documentation;
- Advise and assist in the review and management of nonclinical and CMC technical reports;
- Develop and maintain Company house-standard templates and best review practices for regulatory and clinical documentation; ensure vendors and contractors maintain company standards;
- Ensure that documentation conforms to International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) and other relevant regulatory guidelines and medical editorial boards; ensure that appropriate documented quality control (QC) checks are performed and recommends quality process improvements;
- Ensure documents are generated in accordance with agreed internal processes and standards, are submission ready, and are appropriately stored in appropriate document management system(s).
- Bachelor’s degree in medical-related field or life science
- A minimum of 6-8 years of relevant medical writing experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Thorough knowledge of clinical research concepts, practices, and FDA regulations and ICH Guidelines regarding drug development phases, clinical research and medical writing standards; demonstrated ability to interpret and apply these guidelines to document writing.
- A demonstrated track record of contribution to successful regulatory components used in filings e.g. IND/CTAs, NDA/BLA/MAAs is important
- Experience interacting and communicating timeline expectations with cross functional study team members
- Experience with electronic document management systems
- Highly proficient in the functionality of MS Word, Excel, Endnote, Adobe Acrobat, and PowerPoint
- Post-graduate degree (master’s or doctoral)
- Medical writing experience in liver disease, oncology, or rare diseases
- Familiarity with statistical analysis concepts and techniques
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Arrowhead provides competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package.
All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S. for a company.