Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals is a clinical stage, Nasdaq listed (ticker ARWR) company developing medicines that treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, our therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specified gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Our RNAi-based therapeutics are at the leading edge with the potential to bring life changing treatments for patients.
Our Targeted RNAi Molecule (TRiMTM) platform utilizes ligand-mediated delivery and is designed to enable tissue-specific targeting while being structurally simple. The TRiM platform builds on more than a decade of work on targeted RNA delivery and offers several advantages including simplified manufacturing and reduced costs; multiple routes of administration; and potential for improved safety.
Our employees are nimble, science-driven, innovative professionals. A career at Arrowhead offers the opportunity to collaborate with top notch scientists to rapidly discover and develop RNAi-based therapeutics in a variety of indications to add to our growing pipeline. Research and development activities are located in Madison, WI. Our R&D group includes fully-integrated capabilities for chemistry, biology, toxicology and manufacturing.
Madison is an exciting and sophisticated city that includes state government, the flagship campus of the University of Wisconsin, and major research organizations.
Arrowhead is seeking a senior LC/MS chemist to join the Chemistry Department. The successful candidate will be tasked with developing and conducting robust LC/MS methods to support ongoing research and drug development activities. S/He will be expected to:
- Perform bioanalysis of oligonucleotides from a variety of biological matrices using high resolution LC-MS.
- Perform metabolite identification of oligonucleotides from a variety of biological matrices using high resolution LC-MS.
- Document experimental procedure and results accurately and meticulously.
- Troubleshoot instrumentation and assay problems independently.
- Execute all assays in a timely manner to meet deadlines.
- Develop new LC-MS based assay as needed.
- Draft study reports to support development activities such as IND and CTA.
- Team player capable of working in a highly diverse environment
The successful candidate should have an M.S. degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, or related field with at least 5 years of LC/MS experience in industry or a PhD degree in in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, or related field with a minimum of 3 years of LC/MS postdoctoral or industry experience.
- Hands-on experience of high resolution LC/MS and sample handling from biological matrices is required.
- Demonstrated practical understanding of liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry
- Experience operating Q-Exactive or Bruker Q-TOF
- Experience working on oligonucleotide
- Excellent communication skills
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Arrowhead provides competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package.
All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S. for a company.