Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals is a clinical stage, Nasdaq listed (ticker ARWR) company developing medicines that treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, our therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specified gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Our RNAi-based therapeutics are at the leading edge with the potential to bring life changing treatments for patients.
Our Targeted RNAi Molecule (TRiMTM) platform utilizes ligand-mediated delivery and is designed to enable tissue-specific targeting while being structurally simple. The TRiM platform builds on more than a decade of work on targeted RNA delivery and offers several advantages including simplified manufacturing and reduced costs; multiple routes of administration; and potential for improved safety.
Our employees are nimble, science-driven, innovative professionals. A career at Arrowhead offers the opportunity to collaborate with top notch scientists to rapidly discover and develop RNAi-based therapeutics in a variety of indications to add to our growing pipeline. Research and development activities are located in Madison, WI. Our R&D group includes fully-integrated capabilities for chemistry, biology, toxicology and manufacturing.
Madison is an exciting and sophisticated city that includes state government, the flagship campus of the University of Wisconsin, and major research organizations.
The Shipping/Receiving & Waste Handling Technician will perform a variety of shipping and receiving tasks including receive in, check in, and put away inbound orders at Arrowhead Pharma’s site in Madison, WI. This role will verify and maintain incoming and outgoing shipping/receiving records. In addition, this position will be responsible for safe removal and disposal of waste created by laboratory and manufacturing processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate outbound shipments from the site and complete necessary documentation.
- Follow requirements for packaging of materials and handling of temperature sensitive shipments.
- Maintain inventory records and update as shipments are completed.
Material Receiving and Storage:
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the receiving dock and material storage areas; remove empty pallets, packaging materials, and other items as needed.
- Receive shipments from vendors and appropriately document receipt per company procedures and policies. Notify appropriate individuals when packages have been received.
- Distribute packages, drums, and chemicals to proper lab and/or storage areas. Ensure materials are placed into the proper temperature-controlled unit.
- Operate material handling equipment (e.g. hand truck, pallet jack, dock lever, etc.).
Laboratory and Manufacturing Waste Handling:
- Transport hazardous waste from labs to pickup area; empty carboys and return to labs.
- Consolidate hazardous waste into 55-gallon drums.
- Schedule waste pickups with vendors and handle proper labeling of waste for disposal.
- Package used laboratory gloves for recycling.
- Removal of broken glass containers to proper waste collection location.
- Package empty drums (10L to 200L) for return shipment to vendors.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to follow company procedures, work instructions, and policies.
- Work in a safe manner; properly handle materials and chemicals.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and being organized.
- Knowledge of basic computer and data entry skills.
- Completing tasks using basic hand tools and equipment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Physical or Other Requirements:
- Frequent moving, pushing, and transferring of heavy materials and drums (up to 200L).
- Standing for significant portions of job duties, as well as walking, sitting, reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
- Use of company supplied safety equipment, which may include, but not be limited to, safety glasses, lab coat, safety shoes, protective gloves, and face shield.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. up to multiple times per day.
- A technical degree or additional post-high school education.
- Handling chemicals, hazardous waste, or similar items.
- Using a forklift or other material handling equipment.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arrowhead provides competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package.
All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S. for a company.