Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a Nasdaq listed (ARWR) company that develops medicines to treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, Arrowhead therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specific gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Arrowhead’s RNAi-based therapeutics leverage this natural pathway of gene silencing. Arrowhead’s dynamic and innovative environment offers our employees the opportunity to advance revolutionary treatments for serious and intractable diseases. Our employees are smart, creative, professionals who work collaboratively to meet our business and scientific challenges. Arrowhead’s R&D facility is located in the University Research Park in Madison, WI.
Arrowhead seeks an experienced and highly motivated scientist to build and lead a discovery biology team at its research and development facility in Madison, Wisconsin. This is an ideal position for an individual with a strong background in cell biology who enjoys leading other scientists in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and highly cross-disciplinary environment. The person in this role will be responsible for expanding Arrowhead’s internal biology capabilities by seeking out, evaluating and introducing new methodologies to enhance the Company’s understanding of cellular mechanisms as they relate to existing and future RNAi-based therapies. This person will also solve technical challenges arising in the drug development process within and across the Company’s various drug discovery teams. Because Arrowhead is disease / indication agnostic, candidates should feel comfortable working across a variety of disease areas, tissues and cell types. The Vice President, Discovery Biology will report to the Chief Operating Officer and Head of Research & Development and will be a key participant on the Research & Development leadership team.
- Ph.D. in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related discipline with a focus on cell biology.
- Minimum 15 years of post-PhD hands-on experience in cell biology research with a minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a laboratory team in an industrial or academic setting.
- Passionate about leading in a highly innovative company aimed at treating serious intractable disease.
- Expertise in cell and molecular biology, biochemistry and pharmacology necessary to lead biology innovation across multiple disease areas.
- Ability to integrate and interact closely with existing chemistry, project biology, toxicology, and program management functional areas.
- Ability to identify and interact with external collaborators, consultants, KOLs and CROs to further develop internal programs.
- Skilled in identifying key talent, developing people, and introducing new technologies and methodologies into the laboratory.
- High emotional intelligence with a focus on team work and collaboration.
- Confident in presenting data at scientific conferences and to potential partners.
- Demonstrated contributions to R&D efforts that have led to meaningful, novel discoveries.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Arrowhead provides competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package.
All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S. for a company.