Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a Nasdaq listed (ARWR), Russell 3000 company that develops medicines to treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, Arrowhead therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specific gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Arrowhead’s RNAi-based therapeutics leverage this natural pathway of gene silencing. Arrowhead’s dynamic and innovative environment offers our employees the opportunity to advance revolutionary treatments for serious and intractable diseases. Our employees are smart, creative, professionals who work collaboratively to meet our business and scientific challenges. Arrowhead’s R&D facility is located in the Research Park in Madison, WI.
We seek an experienced and highly motivated Senior Scientist to join its drug targeting team at its research and development facility in Madison, Wisconsin. The ideal candidate has experience in cell biology, molecular biology, immunoassay implementation, tissue processing, biochemistry and translating biological functions to drug discovery. The candidate should enjoy working with a team of scientists in a fast-paced and highly cross-disciplinary environment. The individual will be responsible for providing scientific initiatives and technical expertise in experimental design, execution and data analysis.
- Ph.D. degree in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or a related discipline
- Minimum of two (2) years post-doctoral hands-on experience in early drug development research; industrial (Biotech or Pharma) or translational research experience is preferred
- Self-motivated, excellent problem solving skills in experimental design and implementation, data analysis and interpretation
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of working with a small team of scientists, while interacting closely with other research groups and senior managers
- Ability to remain productive, organized and flexible in a fluid and fast-paced environment
- Experience with methods and technologies for nucleic acid delivery into mammalian cells, in vivo disease model development, in vitro cell-based assays, cell and molecular biology, immunoassays and microscopy
All applicants must have authorization to work for Arrowhead in the U.S.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a cover letter that highlights your qualifications and matches our requirements.