Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a Nasdaq listed (ARWR) company that develops medicines to treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, Arrowhead therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specific gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Arrowhead’s RNAi-based therapeutics leverage this natural pathway of gene silencing. Arrowhead’s dynamic and innovative environment offers our employees the opportunity to advance revolutionary treatments for serious and intractable diseases. Our employees are smart, creative, professionals who work collaboratively to meet our business and scientific challenges. Arrowhead’s R&D facility is located in the Research Park in Madison, WI.
Arrowhead is seeking a senior biologist to join our Biology Department. The candidate will be a key member of drug discovery and development teams. S/He will be expected to:
- Design and execute/conduct in vitro or in vivo studies to facilitate drug discovery and development in various disease areas
- Participate in new target identification and validation
- Present research findings to project teams and governance bodies and prepare technical reports
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the lab and perform critical experiments
- May mentor/supervise a team of one or more and guide and evaluate the performance of those individuals; is accountable for the effective performance of the team/individuals
- PhD degree in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry or pharmacology with at least 3 years of experience in pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- A successful track record of scientific publications in high-profile journals
- Excellent understanding of physiology, pathophysiology and pharmacology
- Demonstrated innovation, creativity and resilience in problem solving
- Expertise in oncology, CNS disease, pulmonary disease, virology (HBV) or hepatic disease preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
All applicants must have authorization to work for Arrowhead in the U.S.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a cover letter that highlights your qualifications and matches our requirements.