Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals is a clinical stage, Nasdaq listed (ticker ARWR) company developing medicines that treat intractable diseases by silencing the genes that cause them. Using a broad portfolio of RNA chemistries and efficient modes of delivery, our therapies trigger the RNA interference mechanism to induce rapid, deep and durable knockdown of target genes. RNA interference, or RNAi, is a mechanism present in living cells that inhibits the expression of a specified gene, thereby affecting the production of a specific protein. Our RNAi-based therapeutics are at the leading edge with the potential to bring life changing treatments for patients.
Our Targeted RNAi Molecule (TRiMTM) platform utilizes ligand-mediated delivery and is designed to enable tissue-specific targeting while being structurally simple. The TRiM platform builds on more than a decade of work on targeted RNA delivery and offers several advantages including simplified manufacturing and reduced costs; multiple routes of administration; and potential for improved safety.
Our employees are nimble, science-driven, innovative professionals. A career at Arrowhead offers the opportunity to collaborate with top notch scientists to rapidly discover and develop RNAi-based therapeutics in a variety of indications to add to our growing pipeline. Research and development activities are located in Madison, WI. Our R&D group includes fully-integrated capabilities for chemistry, biology, toxicology and manufacturing.
Madison is an exciting and sophisticated city that includes state government, the flagship campus of the University of Wisconsin, and major research organizations.
Arrowhead is seeking a senior analytical chemist to join the Chemistry Department. The successful candidate will be tasked with developing robust analytical methods to support ongoing research, product and process development activities. S/He will be expected to:
- Work closely with drug substance and product development teams to determine analytical requirements and develop required analytical methods.
- Interact effectively with Arrowhead cross-functional teams to ensure timely delivery of impurity identification results, phase-appropriate methods and stability study to support in house development of drug substances and products.
- Communicate on a timely basis and collaborate closely on analytical method development with Arrowhead preferred contract manufacturing organizations.
- Review analytical qualification/validation, in-process and release testing data packages for products manufactured at Arrowhead preferred contract manufacturing organizations.
- Develop analytical methods to support process development team.
- Track progress against project plans, generate regular status updates, and communicate progress and issues to management.
- Be creative and innovative in problem solving. Be able to pay attention to the details. Be flexible in prioritizing the workload. Be self-motivated.
- Write sections of CMC-related regulatory documents.
The successful candidate should have a M.S. degree with at least 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry or a PhD degree in analytical chemistry with a minimum of one year experience in pharmaceutical industry. Hands-on experience of using LC/MS and extensive HPLC experience covering a range of separation and detection types are required.
Experience working with both small molecule and large molecule drug candidates. Experience with a wide range of analytical techniques. Understanding of the drug development process and governing regulations. Experience working with regulatory agencies on CMC section. Familiar with Waters MassLynx, Waters Empower and Shimadzu LabSolutions software a plus.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Arrowhead provides competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package.
All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S. for a company.